Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mini-vacation

Today, I go to clergy session. All the pastors in our regional area get together for the day, to talk, worship, learn, discuss, and to vote (we wouldn't be United Methodists without all the voting!). It is an all day meeting, to do what we could get done in a couple hours, but it is fun to see people that I haven't seen in a year, so I won't complain. My motivating force for attendance at most events is fellowship, so I am excited about yucking it up with some of my cronies today.

After the session ends, I am booking it out of town, hoping to make it to Lima in time for a T-ball game. One of my oldest (meaning length of time of the friendship, not her age) and dearest friends has two sons that are like nephews to me. Zach has a T-ball game. I look forward to cheering him on. I am sure that 5 year olds playing T-ball will not reach great heights of athletic achievement, but it should be fun to watch, nonetheless.

I am staying the night in Lima, taking a vacation day the next day, and helping out my friend Melinda with final book projects at Lima Senior High School (where she is a teacher). I plan to meet with some of my old youth group kids, stop by my old church, and have dinner with some friends. It will be a whirlwind trip and I will not get to see half the people that I want to see...good thing I was invited back in a couple weeks for a Saturday dinner at the house of some people I love dearly!

All this itinerary information is to say that I will not get a chance to blog for a day or two, so check back Friday morning some time for the latest entry...or take some time to read the multitudes of past posts. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: