Saturday, March 24, 2007

Personality DNA

I like to read good blogs and perpetually search for new and interesting ones. I recently came across a blog called “Green Pastures” (http://www.pasturescott.org/) written by a wonderful, godly man who is a pastor, has interesting topics and seems to be just one of those overall great people. In reading his blog yesterday, he highlighted an online personality test that is really fun. So, I am totally stealing this idea from him, but thought I’d share my results and tell you about the site. I’d love to hear your results and whether you think they really reflect who you are. I thought mine was, overall, pretty accurate. If you know me pretty well, tell me if you think it is accurate or not.

The site is called “Personal DNA: Your true self revealed” and is located at: http://www.personaldna.com/

My results said I am a “Benevolent Artist”

This picture (below) is supposed to highlight my personality. For example, the boxes on the top row which are teal, greenish, and yellow represent (from left to right): very high spontaneity, very high openness, very high femininity.



The other colors all mean something, but I won’t bore you with that. Instead, I will paste the description of a benevolent artist.

You are an Artist
· Your appreciation of beauty, ability to think abstractly, and innovativeness make you an ARTIST.
· Never one to be tied to a particular way of doing things, you let your imagination guide you in discovering different possibilities.
· You would rather seek out new experiences than stick to your everyday habits, taking in as much of the world as possible.
· Your eye for beauty and your willingness to consider different perspectives make your creative efforts interesting—even though you may not realize this yourself.
· You prefer to think about things before voicing your opinion, considering a wide, diverse range of options. (don’t really agree with this particular one--too often I talk first, think later)
· While there are forms and styles that you prefer, you tend to keep an open mind when itcomes to your artistic preferences.
· You are curious about things, interested in the "why" more than the “how.”
· You have an active imagination that leads you express yourself in a distinct way.
· You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
· You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.

If you want to be different:
· Be more open to risks in your creative efforts, and don't be quick to dismiss the praise of others.
· Think about how attention to detail may help you be more sure of yourself.


how you relate to others
You are Benevolent
· You are a great person to interact with—understanding, giving, and trusting—in a word, BENEVOLENT
· You don't mind being in social situations, as you feel comfortable enough with people to be yourself.
· Your caring nature goes beyond a basic concern: you take the time to understand the nuances of people's situations before passing any sort of judgment.
· You're a good listener, and even better at offering advice.
· You're concerned with others at both an individual and societal level—you sympathize with the plights of troubled groups, and you can care about people you've never met.
· Considering many different perspectives is something at which you excel, and you appreciate that quality in others.
· Other people's feelings are important to you, and you're good at mediating disputes.
· Because of your understanding and patience, you tend to bring out the best in people.
· You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
· You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.


If you want to be different:
· You spend a lot of time taking care of others, but don't forget to take care of yourself!
· Sometimes you can get overcommitted, and when you sacrifice spending time with those close to you, it can make them feel unimportant. (this is SOOOOO me!)


At any rate, it is interesting…and it doesn’t take very long to take the “test”. Hope to hear about your personalities (especially you lurkers…I know you’re out there!!!)

3 comments:

Pasture Scott said...

Pastor Tina,

I noted that you have a 'low masculinity' like me...good for you! But not so much for me...

Smiles,
Scott

P.S. Thanks for the props. I know I'll be borrowing from you as well!

Tina Dietsch Fox said...

Pasture scott!

Just speaking the truth about you! And, "masculinity" is over rated. I think my "very high femininity" means I cry a lot...commercials, movies, sermons. I used your fanny crosby story in my sermon sunday and I cried when I talked about her wanting Jesus' face to be the first thing she ever sees. I am the world's biggest sap!!!

gmw said...

it's all true, T. you're the best.