Thursday, December 21, 2006

Three Random Thoughts by Tina


First Random Thought:
Anyone who owns a TV has probably heard about the Rosie O’Donnell/Donald Trump “feud”. In case you haven’t heard, I am going to share a little summary…but first, my opinions.

As far as Rosie is concerned, people know that she just talks off the top of her head, says obnoxious things, and tries to be shocking…that is part of the allure of “The View”. I personally feel that, as talented as Rosie is, she could find a way to be funny without mocking other people. There is no need to defame others—no matter how deserving of defamation they may be.

As for Donald Trump, is he still three years old? Seriously, weren’t we all taught that “two wrongs don’t make a right”? Just because someone says something mean about you does not give you the right to respond in kind. This “feud” is nothing more than a couple of emotional toddlers name-calling one another. I taught 1st grade Sunday school for a few years; those kids were more mature. Tina says to Rosie and Donald: GROW UP ALREADY!

Here is a summary of the aforementioned feud (taken from the Associated Press), in case you have no idea what I am talking about:
“Things got even uglier Thursday in the bitter war of words between Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell. The Donald called the Los Angeles-based morning show "Good Day L.A." to sound off on O'Donnell's remarks about his near-firing of Miss USA Tara Conner.
"Maybe she wanted to put the crown back on Miss USA's head," the real-estate mogul said of the openly gay O'Donnell, who has four children with her partner, Kelli. "I think she's very attracted to Miss USA so she probably wanted to put the crown on her head herself."
Insult No. 2: "She is a very, very unattractive woman who really is a bully."
Insult No. 3: "Ultimately, Rosie is a loser, and ultimately ("The View") will fail because of Rosie. ... Barbara (Walters) made a mistake and let me tell you something, Barbara's a good friend of mine. She cannot stand Rosie O'Donnell."
It all started when O'Donnell, co-host of the ABC morning talk show "The View," blasted Trump on Wednesday's show. She said Trump's news conference with Conner, whose title was in jeopardy because of underage drinking, had annoyed her "on a multitude of levels" and that the twice-divorced Donald had no right to be a "moral compass" for the beauty queen.
"He inherited a lot of money," she said. "Wait a minute, and he's been bankrupt so many times where he didn't have to pay. ... I just think that this man is sort of like one of those, you know, snake oil salesmen in 'Little House on the Prairie.'"
Trump fired back later Wednesday in a TV interview, calling O'Donnell a "slob," among other insults. "I never went bankrupt, but she said I went bankrupt. So probably I'll sue her because it would be fun.
An amused O'Donnell talked about Trump's comments with her co-hosts on Thursday's edition of "The View." "Wasn't that a fun night of viewing? ... Look who's here today: Kelli. I was afraid to leave her home in case somebody with a comb-over came and stole her from me," she said.
In an entry posted Wednesday night on her Web site, O'Donnell duplicated an excerpt on Trump's rocky financial history from his biography on the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, which is written by users.
She wrote: "i will let you know if the donald sues me/or if kelli leaves me for one of his pals/don't u find him charming."”

Second Random Thought:
I went to the Cracker Barrel for dinner the other night with a good friend of mine. Being that I am trying to live a vegetarian lifestyle, I thought I would go with the “vegetable plate”. First, when I asked what the “vegetable of the day” was, I was told, “red-skinned potatoes”. Since when do potatoes count as a vegetable of the day? I know, I know, technically, potatoes are vegetables. I get that. But, when I think of a vegetable of the day, I think of something, I don’t know, GREEN!

Then, trying to get a little protein, I ordered the pinto beans as one of my choices for the “vegetable plate”. I also ordered some “greens”. Both of these items came with massive amounts of pork in them. I know that the cracker barrel is not meant to be a haven for vegetable eaters…but, seriously, what is so wrong with just a plain old vegetable? Does there need to be meat in everything? Pretty soon there will be meat cookies!

I do have to give a shout out to the Cracker Barrel, though, in that their dumplings are the most beautiful piece of food this side of heaven! I would pick all kinds of meat out of my food if it means I get to eat those dumplins!

Third Random Thought:
I love Christmas hymns. The words are so incredibly deep. It saddens me that most people only know the first verse of most of these songs. I especially love the words to “We Three Kings”. In fact, I think it is my favorite Christmas song (really, an “Epiphany” song). It tells the whole story…not just that a baby was born, but who that baby was and what He came to do. Take a good look at these words:

We three kings of Orient are;
Bearing gifts we traverse afar,
Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.
Refrain:
O star of wonder, star of light,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.
Born a King on Bethlehem’s plain
Gold I bring to crown Him again,
King forever, ceasing never,
Over us all to reign.
Refrain
Frankincense to offer have I;
Incense owns a Deity nigh;
Prayer and praising, voices raising,
Worshipping God on high.
Refrain
(Tina’s favorite verse)
Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume
Breathes a life of gathering gloom;
Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying,
Sealed in the stone cold tomb.
Refrain
Glorious now behold Him arise;
King and God and sacrifice;
Alleluia, Alleluia,
Sounds through the earth and skies.
Refrain

I am posting (below) the CUTEST version of this song I have ever seen. You will love it, especially the camels. I thought I would throw in “Joy to the World”, from the same Christmas special, as well. Keep in mind, these are all done through Claymation. They are amazing!

No comments: