Friday, April 13, 2007

fabulous article about healing

I just read the most fabulous article about healing. The anonymous author talks about his struggle with homosexulaity and the amazing path of grace and healing that God has led him down. It is honest and realistic and presents a totally different perspective on homosexulaity, wholeness, and healing than today's media gives...and, sadly, a different perspective than many churches give. I encourage everyone to read it. We all know people who struggle in this area. For some of you out there, maybe this is your personal struggle. For those of us in the church, we need to learn how to offer the grace of God while standing firm in truth (which is a very difficult balance). This article speaks to that tension.

I want to paste a quote from the article, from C.S. Lewis, that I thought was particularily moving and convicting (the link to the article is below the quote; check it out):

"[E]very time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that chooses, into something a little different from what it was before. And taking your life as a whole with all your innumerable choices, all your life long you are slowly turning this central thing either into a heavenly creature or a hellish creature."

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/april/36.57.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"For those of us in the church, we need to learn how to offer the grace of God while standing firm in truth (which is a very difficult balance)."

Sadly, no matter how hard you try, you must be prepared to be hated by this world when you stand for truth. Whenever I post on this topic on my blog I always get ahteful rhetoric thrown my way (even once by a 12 year old child).

Tina Dietsch Fox said...

john,

I hear ya! My blog not as popular as yours...or the readers that disagree with me just choose not to comment. Not really sure why people have to be hateful about things...even when they disagree...but they are, unfortunately. Especially considering that if it's your blog, you have a right to express your opinions...or so it would seem. If people don't like it, they don't have to read it.

The thing I liked about that article was that it was a person's actual experience. People can't argue with that. You cannot tell that man that his experience isn't valid or meaningful, though I'm sure some might try.