Thursday, June 28, 2007

Christian Beauty Tips

I was surfing the Reynoldsburg Emmaus website tonight and read their latest newsletter. In that newletter was the following article, which I thought was cute...so here it is...

REAL BEAUTY - submitted by Kimberley Scott
We live in a beauty-obsessed culture, where we long for perfection--doing whatever we must do, buying whatever we must buy and spending whatever must be spent--to find perfection in this less-than-beautiful, imperfect world.

As important as physical beauty is, so much more so to God is our inward heart beauty. To be truly chic and glamorous, consider the following Christian "Beauty Tips":
1) For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
2) For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others.
3) To improve your ears, listen to the Word of God.
4) Rather than focusing on the thorns of life, stop to smell the roses and count your blessings, giving thanks for each one of them.
5) To strengthen your arms, hug someone and touch them with your love.
6) To strengthen your heart, forgive yourself and others.
7) Wondering what to wear? For the ultimate in business, casual or evening attire, put on the robe of Christ--it fits like a glove, but allows plenty of room for growth. Best of all, it never goes out of style and is appropriate for any occasion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!! Its so cool that you put this on here! I really like it! What an inspiration!When the singing group that I'm in, Children of the Light, was on tour this summer, I focused a lot on how our group didn't really care how beautiful you were on the outside. (sure if you looked super special we would compliment each other) We really focused this year on how our hearts were beautiful for God through being close with him and being pure here on earth. I know that I am the most comfortable around that group of people because of our views of beauty. It really helped me build my self confidence the week we were on tour. And then two weeks later I went to Lakeside with Trinity. And I am obviously not THAT comfortable with the people because I am only around them a few times a year and some of them I was just meeting for the first time. But then Tuesday night was my devotion time. And I did my devotion with two girls I didn't know at all.... Chelsey and a girl from Shawnee that came with Chelsey named Amanda. We based our devo off of the song At the Foot of the Cross by Kathryn Scott and it talks about how God takes your burdens and turns your ashes into beauty...you should listen to it. It truly is beautiful! How was the missions trip? OH and BY THE WAY!!! Katie might have told you...but we talked really late one night early in the week and she apologized to me and we talked through SO much and now we are REALLY GOOD FRIENDS! We hung out the entire week. It was totally God working! So that was the ABSOLUTE BEST part of my week! Love you! bye